An “Ethic Committee Permission Certificate” must be available for publications with the scope of the following criteria sent/ will be sent to Kalem UEIBD in February/2020 and after. Articles without an Ethics Committee Permission Document will not be accepted for evaluation. When the article is uploaded to the site, the Ethics Committee Permission Document is also sent to firstname.lastname@example.org The article will be able to be included in the evaluaton process after sent to the e-mail adress. In addition to sending this document, information about the ethics committee approval (committee/ name/date/issue number) should be included in the method section and the first page of the article.
Studies that require Ethics Committee Permission are as follows:
– All kinds of research carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques.
– Use of humans and animals ( including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
– Clinical studies on humans,
– Animal studies,
– Retrospective studies in accordance with the personal data protection law.
– In case reports, including the information consent/consent form in the article that the informed volunteer was signed,
– Obtaining and specifying permission from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaries, photographs belonging to others,
– It should be stated that copyright regulations are complied with for the intellectual and artistic works used.
– In the articles, it should be stated whether ethical committee permission and/or legal/special permissoin is required. If it is necessary to obtain these permissions, it should be clearly stated from which institution, on what date and with which decision or number the permission was obtained.
– If the study requires the use of human and animal subjects, international declaration, guide, etc. should be declared appropriately.
A retrospective Ethics Committee Permission Document is not required for articles that have been used before 2020, produced from master's/doctoral studies, applied for publication to the journal in the previous year, accepted but not yet published. However, while the article is being prepared for publication, a statement should be added to the method section of the article stating that scientific and ethical rules were followed during the study process, and that all responsibility for the commitment to comply with these rules belongs to the authors.